Frequently Asked Questions
Atomix is the groundbreaking Fetch.ai powered decentralized finance lending platform. Atomix creates liquidity through the introduction of tokens evidencing security taken over real-world assets, enabling efficient and flexible collateralized lending for Borrowers, whilst delivering returns for Lenders.
- Acts as a bridge between collateralized lending against security over real world assets and tokenization
- Takes security over real world assets for use as collateral
- Uses tokenization to evidence that security
- Delivers liquidity to Borrowers and Lenders
- Real-World Asset Tokenisation System
- Atomix Lending Protocol
- Governance System
- Creates security over real world assets.
- Mints tokens to evidence the security taken (ACT tokens).
- Burns tokens to release security.
- Enforces the security resulting in the sale of the real-world asset if the loans backed by those assets breach their terms.
An autonomous, decentralized lending protocol allowing:
– Borrowers to take out stablecoin loans collateralized by the tokens minted by the real-world asset tokenisation system
– Lenders to lend stablecoins and earn rewards generated by the protocol.
- In addition to earning returns from lending stablecoins, lenders can also earn governance tokens – ATMX
- Owners of governance tokens have voting rights on proposed changes to the protocol
- Governance tokens can be bought and sold on the open market
The current problems with traditional lending:
- Limited supply and limited access to credit markets
- Poor market liquidity (i.e.. limited secondary markets)
- Cumbersome, inflexible and restrictive terms
- Markets lack expediency and efficiency due to legacy technology
Atomix combines the positives of tokenization and collateralized lending over real world assets.
Atomix delivers the positives of Defi lending and eliminates the negatives present in today’s traditional lending marketplace.
Atomix is an autonomous, decentralized lending protocol tokenizing borrowers’ real-world assets whilst issuing the Borrower a flexible, stablecoin loan against the tokenized assets.
The Borrower can instantly exchange stablecoin for local currency through the Atomix Liquidity Market.
Borrowers repayment terms are flexible.
Interest is calculated and collected automatically
Upon full repayment, the tokenized collateral is released instantly.
xTokens (such as xUSDT) are minted by the Atomix Lending Protocol and represent a lender’s deposit of stablecoins. xTokens are income bearing tokens that monotonically increase in value. When a lender deposits USDT, the system mints and transfers xUSDT to the lender in return. This xUSDT gradually increases in value over time so when the Lender returns the xUSDT to the system the Lender receives more USDT than they put in.
Atomix Collateral Tokens (ACT)
These tokens are minted by the Atomix Lending Protocol (ALP); 1 ACT will be minted to evidence all of the security taken over a borrower’s asset. This 1 ACT is infinitely divisible allowing borrowers to transfer all or part of the ACT token. The set of fractions of an ACT tokens minted in respect of a borrower’s asset are fungible with respect to each other. However, ACT minted in respect of one asset are not interchangeable with ACT minted in respect of a different assets.
Governance Tokens (ATMX)
These tokens are distributed to lenders who deposit USDT in the system. Confers on the holder the right to vote to govern the changes in the core protocol, product or feature roadmap, staffing and changes to protocol parameters.